[wp-hackers] ISAPI_Rewrite 3.0 mod_rewrite compatibility

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sat Sep 15 23:09:12 GMT 2007

Just a heads-up:
ISAPI_Rewrite 3.0 [1] by helicon has been released as stable with full
compatiblity for mod_rewrite rules [!]

I'm using it now to power my IIS6/W2k3 and IIS7/W2k8 sites w/
WordPress and it works great.

It uses .htaccess files and/or httpd.conf just like Apache, in the
same directories with the same content without any modification.

Note that the stupid Windows/IIS request_uri bug still exists, you'll
need to use this IIS hack [2] to make WP correctly grab the
request_uri value.

I'm not sure how to check if ISAPI_Rewrite is installed, I'll ask the
guys at Helicon and see if there is any identifying mark... If it is
installed, the same permalinks that are used for WP on Apache on Linux
can be used on Windows, with the same exact .htaccess file and its
contents.

[1]: http://www.helicontech.com/isapi_rewrite/
[2]: http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=7

--