[wp-hackers] Plugin Challenge: Post from an iPhone

Stephane Daury wordpress at tekartist.org
Wed Sep 12 05:01:14 GMT 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 0:10, Matt wrote:

> You wouldn't actually need an iPhone to completely test this out,
> an iPod
> touch hooked up to some Wireless Internet would work just fine. :P

Good point. But w/ 3 kids and working for a university, the nano and
begging on the wp-hackers list is all I can afford. ;)

> An awesome example of a iPhone page is Facebook:
>
> http://iphone.facebook.com/

Yeah, FB pulled it off quite nicely. My coworker came running in my
office the second it hit the streets. :)

A friend of mine, Joe, got himself a free iPhone from Kevin Rose for
developing one for Digg.
http://digg.com/iphone
http://blog.digg.com/?p=86

The worst part: Apple is about to open a store a couple of blocks
away from my office...
Temptation... Bah, my kids don;t need to eat anyway, right?

> Just go to it in FireFox or Safari (for Windows works fine).
>
> I don't have an iPhone (I also live in Canada), but I think that
> would look
> sweet on one.

iPhoney.app (mac) is pretty nice too, because it emulates the
rotation, scales the page as the iPhone does, and sets the proper
user-agent.
I'm sure one for windows will popup (or as an Adobe Apollo .air app
since the latter also runs webkit).

Stephane