[wp-hackers] Structured Blogging?

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sun Sep 9 18:28:24 GMT 2007

On 9/8/07, Stephane Daury <wordpress at tekartist.org> wrote:
> >> There's a reason why machine-readable and human-readable content have
> >> been kept separate all these years.... I still haven't found a
> >> convincing reason to not just use <link> tags instead..
>

> I agree, but you can't have link tags in the body, and it's nice to
> have things like the post authors data wrapped into an hcard for export.

More than one solution that doesn't involving microformats.

1) Add content buffering support to WP, either via a plugin or to the
core. Then you can add whatever you want when you want.
2) Use JS to add what you need to the head tag (quirky, not a good idea)
3) Add hooks to WP for retreiving the necessary info (if they're not
already there), add a plugin to reteirev that info, and add a call to
that plugin in the header template...

maybe there is something I'm missing, but that should work... i think.