[wp-hackers] Ajaxian Page Ordering for Wordpress

Chris chris.hearn01 at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 5 11:06:56 GMT 2007

Very good -
Put the new "order pages" button at the _top) of the standard page list
(or top and bottom) - it is not obvious the button exists when there are
a lot of pages, and will save scrolling all the way down.

I have added several more pages, to test 1st/last/middle screens on your
"page order".
It gets a bit exciting when trying to move a page with a lot of children
to the "next Entries".
I see that  you can move a group over more than one listing page by
"hover over previous page", then move the mouse and hover it again (once
you get used to it!)
 Doesn't work so well for "next" though, but I cant see how you could
easily change it...
It might be simpler, although less fancy, to simply keep the display
constant, and when user drops a group of pages into previous or next,
simply show the previous or next page with the dropped group at the top
- yes it would take a second drag to position it on the new page, but
may be clearer to users - something to think about maybe?
The number of items on a listing page varies (I think) to keep child
pages with the top level one - this is good - but dragging a large group
to the bottom (to move them) the display can get rather confusing as it
refreshes.
Overall an very good feature.
Chris