[wp-hackers] Shared Knowledge for Developers

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Tue Sep 4 07:10:36 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 18:52 -0700, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> The WP-hackers list has a number of recurring topics, as anyone who has
> been subscribed for a few months is aware. Rather than answering "why
> don't you use DB abstraction?" for the tenth time, we should pool our
> resources and create an evergreen resource for people new to WordPress
> development to benefit from the thousand decisions and discussions that
> have happened before they got here.

By the way, why don't we have a list for bikeshed discussions? If
somebody starts discussing things like PHP4 vs. 5, or MySQL vs. Postgres
vs. Oracle, or Blogroll vs. Links vs. Bookmarks, we could just send them
over to the wp-bikeshed list. ;-)

Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
Blogs: http://www.zirona.com/ | http://www.regularimpressions.net