[wp-hackers] Blogroll stripping @ in URLs

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 04:04:34 GMT 2007

Ryan Boren wrote:
> On 9/2/07, Boris Anthony <lists.permutype at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As mentioned here:
>> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/108304
>>
>> example: link to a flickr group pool, the URL of which contains an
>> "@" which gets unceremoniously stripped out.
>> http://www.flickr.com/groups/57332898@N00/pool/
>>
>> ;)
>>

> I notice we have a bug about this that has been lingering.
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3299
>
> Try out the patch on that ticket.  Looks like we need to get that in for 2.3.

I'd just apply the patch now, and see how it goes. If it don't help or
work, just revert. Most of "us" are testers anyway, and know how to do
SVN, or check for things. If something goes wrong, we can just let you
know via the list and you can revert back if need be. But you even said
it looks like a good patch, so what's to lose really? :P