[wp-hackers] Setting default options for plugin

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Sat Sep 1 06:35:56 GMT 2007

On Aug 31, 2007, at 5:38 PM, John Blackbourn wrote:

> You should use the register_activation_hook function instead of
> calling the activate_xxx action directly. Unfortunately this isn't a
> well documented function.

LOL --  I'll say!  It's not even documented on the page you send me
to.  (That page links to a broken link....)

I think I'll figure it out.... ;-)

Stephen

P.S. -- Viper: yours is another possibility.  I'll have to weigh the
pros & cons for my particular case.  I think setting preferences is
best.  If I _do_ change defaults down the road, that should affect
new users, but not suddenly change things for people who have been
using it for a while....