[wp-hackers] Single sign-on with Wordpress & Mediawiki

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sun Oct 28 19:42:33 GMT 2007

It would be nice if all these popular open source projects could use
standards for a lot of things.

I'm looking at the bittorrent client field, and there becgause of the
circumstances and stuff all the "competing" clients are working together to
standardize just about everything from peer exchange to encryption.....

Imagine if we could decide on a de-facto salt+hashing method for
passwords... a standardized user-table layout.... the same cookie format for
everything....

/me spends too much time idealizing.

On 10/28/07, spencerp <spencerp1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Callum Macdonald wrote:
> > Just a tip, if you use bbPress (forum), it'll integrate user login and
> > registration with WordPress out of the box. It's not as popular as any
> > of the other systems, and I couldn't find any ready made themes for
> > it, but it seems to have all the major forum functions. I'm assuming
> > it'll be pretty easily themable (judging from WordPress).
> >
> > I do know it integrates in a snap though, just set two variables in
> > the bbPress config and you're off.
> Wow, goes to show how long I've been away from bbPress. I haven't really
> had "time" to deal with bbPress for many months now sigh. Me thinks it's
> time to get back into the old swing of things again.. Thanks a ton for
> this tip Callum. =) Now only if MW was that easy.. * cough * yah right..
> lol..

Computer Guru
Director,
NeoSmart Technologies