[wp-hackers] Plugin zip problem on wordpress.org

Jared Bangs jared at pacific22.com
Mon Oct 22 04:21:01 GMT 2007

On 10/16/07, Callum Macdonald <lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com>
wrote:

> Did anything ever come of this suggestion? I don't remember seeing any
> opposition to it and I saw several people supporting it.
>
> Is there a process which needs to be followed to get this done or do we
> just need to pester Matt?

I think the general consensus might be that it works fine as is.

If that's not the case, then I'd say (as you suggest) that the first step is
determining if this part of code is open for discussion, and if so, what
that process should be.

If we are considering possible changes, I'd throw in the suggestion for
allowing (or actually requiring) the readme screenshot images to be named
references to files, rather than files named according to the current
convention.

Then you could allow these file references to have an attribute indicating
whether the packager should include it in the zip of not.