[wp-hackers] Proposal for a function commenting convention

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 18:01:15 GMT 2007

On 10/16/07, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would everyone on this thread please pause your typing and take a
> reality pill. If you think it is important, do the work and submit a
> patch.

One more thought: an excellent commenting convention may evolve, but
if you want something enforced you must convince the commit funnel
that no function should be added or changed without the matching
PHPdoc being updated. If you are successful in this campaign, the
funnel will either push back on patches missing PHPdoc updates, or do
it themselves. If you are unsuccessful, they will neglect enforcement
and allow non-conformance.

Is this what you're after?

Andy

p.s. I'm not a member of the commit funnel.