[wp-hackers] Wordpress minor versions changing things for no reason, why?

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Fri Oct 12 04:13:36 GMT 2007

I remember a trac report with discussing some class changes.

A quick code review brings up nothing supposedly wrong besides the above.

My problem I did have was with this:

add_action('plugins_loaded', create_function('$a', 'global $wp_cats;
$wp_cats = new wp_cats;'));

Kudos. It has been a long time since I've seen a plugin use this
construct. Is there a reason you choose this method over one of the two
below?

function wp_cats_load()
{
  $wp_cats = new wp_cats;

    add_action('admin_head', array(&$wp_cats, 'header_inserts'));
    add_action('init', array(&$wp_cats, 'hijack'));
    add_filter('manage_posts_columns', array(&$wp_cats,
'manage_posts_columns_filter'));
}

wp_cats_load();

Done;

$wp_cats = new wp_cats;

add_action('admin_head', array(&$wp_cats, 'header_inserts'));
add_action('init', array(&$wp_cats, 'hijack'));
add_filter('manage_posts_columns', array(&$wp_cats,
'manage_posts_columns_filter'));

Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name
http://wordpress.svn.dragonu.net/unittest/