[wp-hackers] iPhone Plugin Competition: Presenting WPhone

Stephane Daury wordpress at tekartist.org
Wed Oct 10 00:55:22 GMT 2007

Ah, done playing alpha dad for the night (lest one wakes up). :)

I just wanted to publicly state how great of an experience this has
all been.
 From 3 *strangers* randomly teaming up and immediately getting
along, to the knowledge we've sponged up, and all while going through
some pretty big personal events with all parties in the last 3 weeks.

Fun stuff people. Fun stuff.

WPhone was actually designed and written with any lightweight/
embedded and accessibility (braille readers, etc) devices/software in
mind.

If it works as great as it does on my feature-deficient Motorola v551
(same browser as the popular RAZR, less RAM), you probably have good
chances it'll work with your phone/PDA/etc as well. Please provide us
with feedback on the widest array of devices, and we'll strive to
support as many as we can.

Of particular interest at this time are:
- iPhone/iPod Touch (of course),
- Blackberries,
- Nokia N60WebKit,
- Mobile Opera,
- Open Moko,
- and accessibility devices

... but all feedback will be welcomed.

On this, I'll let anyone interested play with the app, and let us
know how we did.

Cheers, and thanks D & V.

Stephane