[wp-hackers] RE: wp-hackers Digest, Vol 33, Issue 30

Denis de Bernardy denis at mesoconcepts.com
Sun Oct 7 12:53:39 GMT 2007

There's normally nothing to worry about unless you're using non utf-7
characters in your posts.

If you have utf-8 characters in latin1 collated table columns, however, I'd
advise to use alter table statements to turn these fields (text, varchar...)
into blobs. that way, it won't get reencoded. then switch the collation, and
then revert the text fields to their original column types. don't forget to
backup before starting.

D.