[wp-hackers] PROPOSAL: Use sunmanagers etiquette to help reduce list S/N ratio

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Oct 6 12:47:29 GMT 2007

And now some noise from me:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:37:49 +1000, Viper007Bond <viper at viper007bond.com> wrote:
> Plus the "SUMMARY" thing might screw those of us over using
> clients like GMail which auto-thread e-mails (I believe it puts heavy weight
> on the subject line, but I could be wrong).

Emails contain a "In reply to" header, thats how most mail clients thread emails, Not sure if gmail follows it. Sometimes mail clients dont set the header which causes it to break the thread in some mail clients(ie. opera). I have a feeling Gmail uses a combination of the header and the subject if its not available.