[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin update bugs

Kirk Steffensen blogger at steffensenfamily.com
Thu Oct 4 21:13:34 GMT 2007

Michael,

Thanks for your work on this.  It has been great to get notification on
updated plugins.

I have two recommendations from a plugin developer's point of view.

1)  Please make an emphatic statement in
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/readme.txt that the "Plugin Name"
in the top line MUST match the plugin name in the metadata.

We (WPG2) didn't understand this.  We thought that since the svn name (wpg2)
and the metadata name (WPG2) matched, we were covered.

2) Add a check to the readme.txt validator to check the first line against
the metadata in svn.

Thanks,
Kirk