[wp-hackers] Page searching examples [was: 2.4 planning discussion]

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 19:32:13 GMT 2007

On 10/3/07, Travis Snoozy <ai2097 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> > This isn't the user's call, it's the theme devs' call.
>
> ... I'm utterly flabbergasted. Momentarily speechless. Shocked and
> confused. Allow me a brief bit of whitespace to recompose myself.

Perhaps you missed my point, perhaps I wasn't clear:

I sense a great deal of resistance to a unified approach to searching
by those with commit access.  I would love to have an intelligent
search function that enjoyed some measure of intelligence/heuristics
in its results, however I don't know how to get that included in the
core.

I view my proposals as a bit of a half-measure, intended to get into
the core yet soothe the objections that seemingly arise whenever the
concept of searching pages is broached.

We can agree to disagree whether a half measure is better than no
measure at all, I suppose...

 --
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/