[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin update bugs

Moritz 'morty' Struebe morty at gmx.net
Tue Oct 2 12:48:09 GMT 2007

Viper007Bond wrote:
> On 10/2/07, Omry Yadan <omry at yadan.net> wrote:
>
>> 2. having everyone having to update their script with every new version:
>> this is only true if the interface will have to change between versions.
>> I think we have enough brain power here to get it right in the first
>> attempt.
>>

> I meant when they release a new version, they have to go into their
> script and set the new version number and all that. Nothing huge I
> guess though, but right now, that's all automatic -- one click
> release.

LOL! You still have to edit the readme.txt to point to the right tag.
Also the packing script still isn't published - at least I'm not aware
of it. Therefore it's quite a bit of random hacking until everything
works _almost_ the may you want it. (E.g. Images must be .jpg. .JPG does
not work and all that stuff - I know of a few more small annoyances.)
Images are still packed into the zip and the way subdirectories are
handled give me a headache, too. There really isn't much time saved. If
there would be a reasonable way to host the stuff your self I probably
would consider that.

Cheers
Morty