[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin update bugs

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Tue Oct 2 08:05:54 GMT 2007

>We need to either allow plugins not directly hosted at Wordpress
>(including non-GPL) to play, or make it clear within the interface
>which plugins are being checked and which are not.  As configuration
>problems can prevent even WP hosted plugins from being checked, I
>would think _both_ suggestions should be pursued.

I +1 making clear what is checked and what is not.

I'd like the plugin page to tell, for each plugin:
- checked, and up to date
- checked, and needs updating
- could not check (probably not hosted on wp.org, or something wrong)

I'm not too excited about the extra line under each plugin, which IMO
quite clutters the screen.
I think an extra column for the plugin status, why not with just a neat
icon to keep it tiny.

Also, I think that would be an extra motivation for plugin devs to get
their plugin hosted on wp.org if it's clearly shown that their plugin is
not pinged, rather than this "could be up to date" lack of notice.

Ozh
--
http://planetozh.com/