[wp-hackers] PostgreSQL port status?

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 08:06:25 GMT 2007

On Mon, October 1, 2007 6:12 am, Otto wrote:
> Well, as has been stated before (somewhere...), patches that moved any
> sort of database stuff into wp-db.php would likely be very welcome.

Indeed they would.

wp-db.php is the only place in which WordPress should be calling mysql
functions.

> On 9/30/07, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
>> OK, ATM WordPress is already *technically* is extendable by sticking
>> db.php in \wp-content\
>>
>> I've attached a db.php w/ the replaced MySQL functions, but
>> unfortunately, WordPress doesn't honor its own system and has mysql_*
>> functions hard-coded into other files.
>>
>> Queries hard-coded into files I can understand, but there is absolutely
>> no need to ever call mysql_* functions outside of wp-db.php....
>> everything else should use that class.
>>
>> Right, so no guarantees or anything - I'm using the code from the file
>> forwarded by usleepless for the conversion.... I have to go right now,
>> but assuming you can get wp-setup to use $wpdb instead of its own
>> hard-coded mysql functions (shouldn't be too hard) it should work to
>> some minimal extent :)

Please raise a ticket on trac highlighting the places where we call mysql_
functions and if possible a suggested fix - moving the functionality into
wp-db.php so that it can be overridden for other databases.

You can assign it to me if you want and I will endeavour to get it checked
in to trunk soon.

westi
--
Peter Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk>