[wp-hackers] Possible vulnerability with the plugin system

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Fri Nov 30 18:51:08 GMT 2007

I would think that anything within a subsidiary file should be
included in a function.  I do this myself -- From the main plugin
file I include another file and then call the function within that file.

Also, in my multiblog system the config files (with sensitive
database login info) all start with this:

<?php
if ( !defined('ABSPATH') ) exit();	// sanity check

...so that they can't effectively be called directly, but only from
within WordPress.

Am I mistaken in believing that this kind of thing is just basic PHP
security?  (No offense intended in that question, John! :) )

Stephen