[wp-hackers] wp_list_authors and DB queries

Bob wp-hackers at nj-arp.org
Wed Nov 21 22:41:05 GMT 2007

I wrote my own version of the widget/plugin.  I hardcoded an array with the
author IDs to display, then called get_userdata() and get_usernumposts() in
a foreach loop.  That cut the number of queries to 44, still 21 higher than
normal, and the time to 0.020 seconds more than normal.

That's an improvement over the generic plugin, but I was hoping for better.
I'd appreciate it if anyone has any more suggestions.

Bob