[wp-hackers] Regarding Status Pending...

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 13:01:25 GMT 2007

Bob wrote:
> You can do that now by assigning users the correct roles -
>
> "Author - Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts"
> "Contributor - Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not
> publish posts"
>
> See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities
>
> You want to require a user's posts be approved first, simply make them
> a 'Contributor'.  Problem solved.
>
> If you need finer control, use the Role Manager plugin.

Yes, I agree with this. This wasn't about Roles though, this is about
having a "feature" in the core, and being able to have some possible
control behind THAT feature. I already had the Role Manager plugin
before, and to be frank, it SUCKED. Manually having to choose tons of
various "rights" for a user, sucks. The ability to control that new
feature status shouldn't be a difficult task to handle. It's already
"IN" the core now, why couldn't there be some control behind it? It
could help minimize the "need" for plugins, and level setting
itself...You shouldn't have to have a plugin, and or, set certain people
to Contributors or whatever.