[wp-hackers] WordPress Checking Own Pingbacks - Intended Behavior?

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Fri Nov 16 19:40:39 GMT 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 8:26 PM, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
> I guess having Akismet auto-sumbit and force-ham all pingbacks by same blog
> and comments by authors would be a good compromise, no?

So Evil Spammy could internally trackback a few thousands of their own
posts on their own blog so that Akismet think they're not spammers ;)

I think Akismet should just bypass checking, if anything. Actually
getting yourself marked as spam could be a good indicator of things :P

Ozh

--
http://FrenchFragFactory.net ~ Daily Quake News
http://planetOzh.com ~ Blog and WordPress Stuff