[wp-hackers] WordPress Checking Own Pingbacks - Intended Behavior?

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Thu Nov 15 18:15:57 GMT 2007

Interesting, I always considered that internal pingbacks shouldn't
appear at all, but I suppose they could be useful in some way.

I agree, if they're going to be posted, they should bypass spam
checking. Will that need to be a change in Akismet or a change in WP? Is
there a way to exclude something from spam checking? (I haven't looked
into that part of the code).

Cheers - Callum.