[wp-hackers] New WP profile page

Mike Walsh mike_walsh at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 15 12:25:35 GMT 2007

[ ... snipped ... ]

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 02:00:03 -0800
From: Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>
Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] New WP profile page
To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com

Ozh wrote:
> The idea I'd like to throw around is: what about a new file template for
> themes, say profile.php, that would if exists be used to display & manage
> your profile (as it is now: password, url, aim etc)
>
> Any thought on this? On what it would imply, require, ... ?

Have you tried using author templates? The post loop could be a very
small part of the page, you could focus on the rest and pull things in
from usermeta using the built-in functions.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com

[ ... snipped ... ]

In this same vein, is there to have the user land back at the page they were
visiting prior to logging in?  I would like to do that as opposed to landing
on the dashboard or at least have it as an option.

Mike