[wp-hackers] iPhone Content Winner

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 12:19:52 GMT 2007

On Nov 15, 2007 4:45 AM, Jeremy Visser <jeremy.visser at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 22:04 -0800, Daniel Cameron wrote:
> > Better yet, use the Apple SDK (when released) to create an iPhone app. Only
> > this time the winner gets...
>
> What, creating an app for the proprietary iPhone platform will be better
> than one that will run on the open Android platform?

And don't forget, the OHA/Android spec calls for OpenGL support (at
least on the high-end devices).  Think of the niftiness (dare I say
"Leopard-ness"?) that clever devs will be able to wrangle the devices
into with that sort of hardware backing...!

I must admit, there's a great deal to having an OPEN SDK right now,
with known license and usage restrictions, as opposed to having a
promised one whose constraints, "code signing", licenses, etc., are
not yet even known to those outside of Cupertino.

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/