[wp-hackers] New WP profile page

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Wed Nov 14 16:16:48 GMT 2007

How do you end up clicking on a user's profile?

I think the most common (if not only) way is through clicking on the
author in a post. Clicking on a name in a comment takes you to the
user's url, not their profile page.

So the only profiles that will be seen are the profiles of authors on
the site. In which case, these users are already familiar with the admin
interface (to write a post).

So overall, I don't see a reason to implement this feature in core. I
don't think it would be particularly hard in a plugin though.

This raises an interesting point though, the admin interface is not
particularly easy to theme. It might be nice to add a few more hooks to
allow greater customisation of it.

Cheers - Callum.