[wp-hackers] WordPress PHP Extension

Matt speedboxer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 05:24:48 GMT 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 9:17 PM, Jacob <wordpress at santosj.name> wrote:

> [2] The main setback would be that not many users has access to
> compiling PHP (or know how to compile PHP), therefore the audience of
> such an specialized Extension would be small.

There's your problem right there, I'd say that most people are running
WordPress on shared hosts, and they don't have root access to the server.

I suppose it would appeal more to the people running WordPress on a
dedicated server. Since they're probably under high-load, the Extension
would be something they could use to speed up WordPress a bit.

Or, for hosts that offer WordPress-specific host (Managed Blog Hosting),
where mostly WordPress blogs would be on a server.

--
Matt (speedboxer at gmail.com)
http://mattsblog.ca/