[wp-hackers] How do I reset all roles and capabilities?

Matt speedboxer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 06:03:30 GMT 2007

You could probably just make a fresh install of WordPress elsewhere, then
copy over the row wp_user_roles in the table wp_options, and copy over the
rows wp_capabilities and wp_user_level for each user (make new users on the
fresh install with each role, and then figure out who has what role on your
site).

It looks like that's all that needs to be done to reset the roles...

Matt (speedboxer at gmail.com)
http://mattsblog.ca/