Nested blockquotes unallowed Re: [wp-hackers] Re: WP issues

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 20:56:12 GMT 2007

Thanks! I was just getting ready to search for that ticket. It still exists
in 2.2. Basically if you have a post that contains nested quotes it will
remove the nesting once it runs through balanceTags. For example this:

--------
Hey Now

All</blockquote>
Star
--------

Running through balanceTags changes to this:

--------
--------

I manually applied the patch attached to the ticket to 2.2 and it did fix
it.

The problem occurs when saving a post with "WordPress should correct
invalidly nested XHTML automatically" checked. Since the content goes
through the balanceTags filter on content_save_pre it only applies at
save/publish time.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net