[wp-hackers] WordPress 3

David Peralty david.phoenix at gmail.com
Thu May 24 22:06:41 GMT 2007

I have to agree with Lloyd Budd's original idea and the people on here
that have thought of the marketing aspect. WordPress is increasingly
seeing competition, and having a new full number release will allow
WordpPress to market itself as a mature product.

Way too many of you on here are ignoring the marketing aspect, going
"but we are coders, we like point revisions, and jumping is dumb", but
if you look at how successful WordPress is now, you have to give
credit to its marketing. It has always jumped release numbers to show
the world that it had matured in some way, and I think it is ready for
that again.

I also agree that for publishers, selling a book on WordPress 3 is
easier than 2.3 or 2.4. And you have to admit, that a book about
WordPress 2.0 won't cover many of the great new things that will be in
2.3... and it will be plain wrong about other things.

Help the users get new books, vote yes to WordPress v3.

--
David Peralty
Writer - Blogging Pro