[wp-hackers] WordPress 3

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Sat May 19 02:25:58 GMT 2007

> You know that if we can't get PHP5 support when PHP5 has been around
much longer,
> we have absolutely zero chance of getting Mysql 5 in there :)

It all depends upon when 3.0 comes out.  For me, there are more reasons
to upgrade from MySQL 4 to MySQL 5 than there are from php4 to php5.  So
there's no reason to assume the adoption rate is identical.

Release dates:
PHP 5 released 7/2004. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP)
MySQL 5 released 8/2005.
(http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/news/article_976.html)

If we are talking about the third release from now, after 2.3 & 2.4,
that's one whole year away.  MySQL 5 then should be available at most
hosts by then.

Brian Layman
b5media Inc.
www.b5Media.com / www.TheCodeCave.com