[wp-hackers] Re: SOAP Interface and moving to php 5

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Fri May 18 19:34:34 GMT 2007

On 5/18/07, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> On 5/18/07, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Let's do this: let's document what NOT having PHP5 as a requirement
> > restrains us from implementing.
> >
> > SimpleXML stuff comes readily to mind.  What else?
>
> And some of the reasons why hosts stay on 4.
>
> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=39381
> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=40104
> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=41299
> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=41293

The second one's not a bug, but I take your point in re: PHP5 and bugs.

Are you saying, though, that there is no utility to moving to PHP5?
Is WP consigned to using increasingly decrepit code?  I don't know how
to interpret your posting of a few bugs in this discussion. Are there
not bugs and annoyances with 4 that have been worked around countless
times before?

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/