[wp-hackers] Plugins : return proper error on activation faliure

Omry Yadan omry at yadan.net
Fri May 18 07:35:15 GMT 2007

Some complex plugins may fail during activation (creating database
tables or what not).

currently there is no way for plugins to return an error signal + error
message in such cases: only thing they can do is to print the error.

this is problematic as the error does not fit well into the wordpress
admin page, and can also cause problems if for some reason the someone
tries to set an http header after the plugin was activated.

I suggest that we allow plugin to return error message back to wordpress
on activation.