[wp-hackers] WordPress 3

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Thu May 17 18:28:11 GMT 2007

To further expand upon the notion of WP 3.0, I think a few simple
questions need to be asked:

1) What would we consider iterative/evolutionary changes to WP?

2) What would we consider revolutionary?

3) What does the current WP framework prevent us from doing?

4) How willing are we to toss out old code, even going so far as to
rearchitect things such as hooks, triggers, The Loop, etc.?

5) What features are we missing that other blogging software has?

6) How far are we willing to take the "WP-as-CMS" notion?

7) Can WP still be considered simply a blogging tool?  (I think this
one is currently a hearty "no")

8) What if scaling BACK on features actually makes sense?  How do we
sell that message?

There are tons more, I'm sure, but those are just a few off the top of my head.

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/