[wp-hackers] WordPress 3

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu May 17 17:13:35 GMT 2007

It is a while off, but I thought I would plant the seed now for
WordPress 2.3 to be branded as WordPress 3.

Why?
* Will have been ~ 2 years since WP 2 and a major version number
represents the significance of the progress of the WordPress
experience.
- Clue of security update support for at least a couple of years?
- Tagging will be a reason to update every theme.
* Allow people to get paid to author new books ;-)

Cheers,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | 250-885-1744
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com