[wp-hackers] 2.3 Features

Casey Bisson casey.bisson at gmail.com
Wed May 16 20:04:36 GMT 2007

Where's the discussion of how tags will work in 2.3 going on?

I ask because I'm pretty invested in tags (see example site below),
and I'd love to bend my work towards whatever is baseline.

http://beyondbrownpaper.plymouth.edu/browse/

Short explanation: the tags on that site are used in the faceted
search and browse (the stuff in the right column, not just the stuff
labeled "tags"), and they're a bit more like flickr's machine tags
than plain-old-tags. I'm crossing my fingers that the new tag data
structure will support what I'm doing.

--Casey

On May 16, 2007, at 3:26 PM, Aaron Brazell wrote:

> Now that 2.2 is out the door, and presumably 2.2.1 is around the
> corner with widget related bug fixes, I guess we need to consider
> what new features will be added to 2.3 - besides Tagging of course.
> Matt, Ryan, Mark? Do you guys have a laundry list yet?

Casey Bisson

Information Architect
Plymouth State University
Plymouth, New Hampshire