[wp-hackers] Re: SOAP Interface

Charles lists07 at wiltgen.net
Sat May 12 00:35:31 GMT 2007

> I care far more about getting people on the latest version of
> WordPress than coercing them to upgrade their database or PHP
> software.

It seems like it'd be nice to add "as long as it doesn't significantly
retard WP development" to that.  Supporting and testing two major versions
of PHP comes at some cost, and PHP 6 is coming.

Also, when WordPress still doesn't/can't depend on a 3-year-old version of
PHP, that sends several negative messages about PHP.  It strikes me that one
of the major reasons that hosts haven't updated to PHP 5 is that they can
get away with it.  At this rate, I'm afraid we won't be able to take
advantage of proper I18N support in WordPress until 2012.

-- Charles