[wp-hackers] FW: Wordpress All versions XSS

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Sat May 5 03:51:26 GMT 2007

On 5/2/07, Robin Adrianse <robin.adr at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are no plans whatsoever for removing these, since so many plugins and
> themes (an even some obscure parts of the core code) use these "deprecated"
> values. Perhaps deprecated isn't the best word -- let's say "url" and
> "wpurl" are "preferred" over the other values.

I'm curious why and in what sense "url" and "wpurl" are preferred.
Just grepping lines, it looks like there are about 10 times as many
references to 'siteurl' as 'wpurl' in trunk, so it doesn't seem to be
a matter of common practice, at least in the core.

On 5/4/07, David Chait <davebytes at comcast.net> wrote:
> Am I the only one who thinks "home" is more descriptive than "url" for
> the homepage?  and that "url" and "wpurl" are too similar, and as such
> are only adding to the confusion?

I agree.  Even someone who knows nothing about web development knows
what a site's "home" is, but "url" could refer to anything.

How about "wp_home_url" and "wp_dir_url"?