[wp-hackers] Parameterized Wordpress themes

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu May 3 19:18:33 GMT 2007

Huh? Sure it does. The functions.php file in the active theme is
automatically included, just like a plugin, and it can create new
admin panels and anything else it wants to do.

The default theme does this, in fact. Activate it and then look at the
new menu under Presentation that lets you Customize the Header color
and such.

Anyway, that's how you do it. Use functions.php to add your admin
page. Use it to write a form, and when the form is posted, save your
options to the database. Then use them in the rest of the theme.