[wp-hackers] WordPress 2.2 Less Than a Month Away

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 14:50:17 GMT 2007

On 3/27/07, James Davis <james at freecharity.org.uk> wrote:
> Lloyd Budd wrote:
>
> > I am bumping non-severe tickets out of 2.2 .
> > If it has a patch, I am bumping it to 2.3 .
> > If it does not, I am bumping it to 2.4 .
> >
> > If I bump something, feel free to champion that ticket getting into
> > 2.2.
>
> Perhaps this is a silly question but I'm new to submitting bugs and
> fixes to WordPress and keep seeing my patches getting bumped so I'm
> probably doing something wrong :-)
>
> What's the process for getting patches for non-severe issues into
> WordPress? I've got three tickets open, with patches, for some minor
> issues I've come across with the default theme (#3779, #3923, #3977).
> Should I be using the needs-testing keyword or dev-feedback?

Not a silly question at all.

I looked through your bug reports and they are well written. Thank you!

That is the nature of non-severe issues. Keep the ticket and the patch
fresh, come to bug hunts, ask questions on #wordpress-dev. For
non-trivial fixes, commenting in the ticket how you tested it also
helps.

Thank you,
--
Lloyd Budd | Quality Assurance Lead | 250-885-1744
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com