[wp-hackers] Nice to meet you

Pixline supporto at pixline.net
Mon Mar 26 15:51:09 GMT 2007

We finally have a running alpha out of the box, and would like some
feedback and brainstorming on it, while working on the other part of
our system.

It's like sidebar widgets for the loop, reuse main part of the
sidebar code (actually cloning it, but we are working on a wrapper),
use the same design api for themes and widgets, just play *inside* or
*instead* the loop, and features a light interface prototype in
jquery (with awful colors bundled ;-).

If anyone is tempted and wants to check it out please download from:

http://pixline.net/wphackers/postwidgets.zip

and share your doubts or your happiness (and maybe your code as
well ;-).
We'll start tomorrow working on the two sets of widgets, one for
wordpress and one for wpmu. Actually you can convert quite any widget
to a postwidget simply swapping every 'sidebar' reference (function
names and so on) into 'mainbar' (that was the codename, will soon
change.).

Regards,
Paolo