[wp-hackers] Plugin Language Translation

Andy Staines andy at yellowswordfish.com
Sun Mar 25 11:33:01 GMT 2007

Good day all

Could anyone advise on a problem I am seeing translating a plugin to a
different language - in this case French. Everything seems to have gone
correctly except... Any single word strings are displaying correctly in
French. Multiple word strings are still displaying in English.

For the record and as background: I used poEdit to parse the plugin
files to get the 'po' file. A helpful French lady then used poEdit to
key in the translations and save as the 'mo' file. poEdit does not allow
her to change the original so they are intact. I have placed the
load_plugin_domain() call in both the main 'admin' and 'public' files
and the 'mo' file IS getting picked up. Just ignoring anything with
spaces - i.e. multi-word strings?

Can anyone offer a solution please?
Thanks
Andy