[wp-hackers] Latest post from specific catagory

Rhon Fitzwater rfitzwater at rider.edu
Tue Mar 20 23:01:10 GMT 2007

All,

I would like my index.php page to be static in a sense.  My "blog"
has five categories.  On the index page, I would like the latest post
in each category to displayed.  Being new to WordPress, I am unsure
where to start with this.  Can anyone provide with the WordPress code
neccessary to do what I want.  I.E.:  If I want to get the latest
post from category 1 and display it, what code is needed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Rhon