[wp-hackers] Another bug as a result of markup in titles

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sun Mar 18 11:54:38 GMT 2007

Another bug caused by markup in titles and this one's theme independent.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a post with a title containing a link like this:

2. Go to your the dashboard; i.e. blog/wp-admin. In the sidebar look at
the POSTS. The first post should now have a link like this:

That is, the link comes from the supplied title rather than the internal
edit link for that post.

I've only verified this in 2.0.7. If someone can verify it in
2.1.3/2.0.9 it would be worth filing a Trac.

I suspect the fix involves removing links, and probably all other markup
from the title before sticking it in the posts sidebar on the admin page.

Still to be determined: are there other pages in the admin section that
  need this treatment? Can one inject JavaScript into the admin pages in
this fashion?

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!