[wp-hackers] the_title_rss

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sat Mar 17 18:49:37 GMT 2007

The doc for the_title_rss currently states:

Displays the title of the current post, formatted for RSS. This tag must
be within The Loop.

In my experiments it appears that even when the title field contains
tags and entity references, the tags are stripped out and the entity
references converted to numeric character references.

Can I count on this behavior? It would make it much easier to fix some
tricky parts of the Atom 1.0 plug-in?

Same question for the_excerpt_rss? Is this guaranateed to be plain text
aside from numeric character references?

What do these functions do with unescaped reserved characters such as &
and < ?

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!