[wp-hackers] Should OpenID be bundled by default in WP?

Dan Coulter dan at dancoulter.com
Fri Mar 16 17:10:59 GMT 2007

On 3/16/07, Lloyd Budd <lloydomattic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it active on our own blog? What inspired you to build your own?

It's not currently active on my site, I just set up a demo install where
people can see what it adds to the login page (http://exid.dancoulter.com/).
Both the OpenID and Flickr editions of the plugin are running on that blog.

I originally had use for the Flickr version of this plugin for an upcoming
community site for a Flickr group I'm in.  I wanted the other people to be
able to authenticate into WordPress with their Flickr user accounts.  Once I
got all the hooks figured out, it was pretty simple to port it to OpenID
(which I'm a pretty big fan of).

I run Wordpress OpenID Plugin+ in "unobtrusive mode", I think that is
> a simple, elegant experience.

My plugin is designed more for full users of WordPress, not for commenting.
I wanted to be able to make my WordPress installs consumers of OpenID for
their login system.

--
Dan Coulter
http://www.dancoulter.com/

Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
-Simon and Garfunkel