Extending the WordPress Plugin Directory (Was: Re: [wp-hackers] Google Summer of Code 2007)

Sabin Iacob iacobs at m0n5t3r.info
Fri Mar 16 09:42:30 GMT 2007

Peter Westwood wrote:
> Can we not have an API that supports people like me?
>
> Just a simple way of registering a plugin with the "official" plugin
> directory and allowing updates to be pushed to WordPress.org?

+1
I already have trac, and some integration code that pulls the current
tickets out of there via RSS and displays it in wordpress, and some more
code that generates  download links from an automatically updated YAML
file,  and a lot of other stuff that I dream at night and code while
sleeping, and I also use bazaar-ng instead of svn; while I can push to
svn repositories brom bzr, I'd like to be able to only (automatically)
publish metadata to the plugins directory and be able to see stats,
comments, ratings, etc. I also currently have enough spare time to help
with the design and implementation if needed ;)