[wp-hackers] HTTP status code on "Release not found" at wp.org

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Sun Mar 11 16:53:52 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 19:46 +0100, Alex Günsche wrote:
> I'm building a plugin which among other things downloads a given WP
> version from the URL http://wordpress.org/wordpress-XXX.zip using the
> Snoopy class. This works fine so far; only if one downloads a version
> that doesn't exist, it returns the string "Release not found. XXX" and
> -- here comes my problem -- HTTP status code 200.
>
> Of course, I could parse the string, but this is not very reliable. A
> better method would be a proper status code, preferably 404. Would that
> be possible?

As there was no reaction on my request, I have solved it differently now
(by checking the file size). However, a 404 would be much nicer, so if
someone could solve this one day, it would be great.

Btw, I'd like to do some advertisement, too (for the actual subject of
this issue): http://www.zirona.com/software/wordpress-instant-upgrade/

Regards
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
work: http://www.zirona.com/ | leisure: http://www.roggenrohl.net