[wp-hackers] Upgrade to 2.1.2

Joefish joefish.hackers at feastofcrumbs.com
Fri Mar 2 21:38:46 GMT 2007

On 3/2/07, Justin Moore <wantmoore at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/2/07, Joefish <joefish.hackers at feastofcrumbs.com> wrote:
> > That was mostly a rhetorical question. What I really want to know is
> > "why bypass the normal testing process?" Even greatly accelerated
> > community testing is better than no community testing.
>
> I can only assume it was a pretty major security flaw that they didn't
> want any diffs of floating around before release.

Sure, I can understand that. But those changes are going to be out
there and the flaw will be public as soon as any release is made. If
the flaw is big, then by all means push it out quickly. But if even a
half day's public testing could prevent a 2.1.3 next week, doesn't
that better serve the community and the WP brand?